Friday, January 11, 2008

tgif

Just when you think the day is going to be drizzly, slow and torturous, you hear the UPS truck pulling up (screeek!) in front of your house. I don't care what's being delivered--today it was crochet hooks and beermaking supplies (two separate boxes, that is). That *thump* as the packages hit the doormat is the most beautiful sound ever.

I'll tell you a secret. Although I have a deep appreciation for the finer arts of sewing, when it comes to sewing for my own house, I'm a lazy a## crafter. I needed pillows for our new (well, new to us) sofa STAT. Nothing frilly or fancy. No hidden zippers or button closures. And washable, for god's sake. Because they only stay on the sofa about 37% of the time. The rest of the time they are stepping stones, weapons and trampolines. And when mom's not watching, they make handy napkins. Yes, the throw pillow has a limited lifespan around here--about 4-6 months. Then, I dissect them for their fluffy middles and we start over again. My favorite type is the envelope back and I found the easiest instructions here. They can be adapted for all pillow sizes. I usually have to make a few adjustments because my pillow middles have been used many times and have lost some of their pouf. These took me about 30 min total. I used Erin Michael's Loft 1800 sale fabric and Mr. Dewberry always comes in handy! And now the sofa is looking slightly less like a tent from M*A*S*H.


have a great weekend

No comments: