Tuesday, July 31, 2007

20 minute makeover


I like spray painting. A lot. Almost too much, actually. These cheap little nesting tables--so cheap that any little nicks would scrape off the "wood" finish--needed something fun and colorful. My $6 solution? Robin's egg blue. The amusing part was as I was painting them and instructing my girls on the hazards of breathing paint fumes, they went and made paper fans and fanned the tables to "blow away all the yucky smell". Painfully cute.

Hope you're having a good week. Thanks to everyone who's commented (okay, all four of you!).

6 comments:

Cheryl Ensom said...

Darling!I've been spray painting everything off-white lately! It really is TOO addicting, don't ya think??

speckledhen said...

Yes, my dear, Cheryl! Of course, maybe it's just the paint fumes making us giddy. Love you..

Blair said...

These are really, really, REALLY cute. I love spray paint makeovers too!

Jenn Maruska said...

That's a pretty shade of blue : )

Cheryl Ensom said...

just nominated you for something!!! go see my blog...;)

Lola said...

Oh my! I have tried painting furniture but it's come out all yucky and stripey. Sometimes you might find a hair in it too.
What have I done wrong? And I must come out to Cheryl's house and we can all do this together. I will dredge my furniture and come with some ideas for what I want, er, and of course be willing to help.
Glad you back to this blogging thing. Seems fun. I've just begun (yes Cheryl is soley responsible for this new influx of blaggers!) and am wondering how long my blog love will last....
love to you, Linda