Thursday, July 26, 2007

this is summer...

Nothing like reading a good book in a pile of clean laundry! That's the pace we're at this summer. And I'm loving it. What the picture doesn't show is my older daughter who's fully dressed, brushed and ready to go at 7:30 in the morning. It's a struggle to find the balance between relaxing down-time and having enough activities to look forward to (somehow, fabric shopping with Mommy doesn't count).
I did manage to finish up a shirt for myself, made from this pattern. It's the first shirt I've made that I will actually wear out of the house. I hate seam binding the armholes, mostly because I try to do it with the narrower binding vs. the wide binding the pattern calls for (which would look kind of wonky, I think). I knew I did a good job when my husband said, "Wow, that looks pretty cute." I'll just ignore the shock in his voice. This pattern is next, I think. Yeah, I know, everyone in Blogville is making their own shirts, but why the heck not? I saw some cute smocks (cute fabrcis and big 'ol buttons on the straps) at Target yesterday and thought, "Hey--that looks homemade!" Now who's copying who??

Have a great day, wherever you are.

2 comments:

Karin said...

I just found your blog through Cheryl at Rosey Posey's.....Love that top picture! Now that's summer! Also, love your creations on Etsy! Karin @ creativechaos.typepad

Dorie said...

This patter has been sitting in my house folded since May! I am dertermined (somewhat) to actually make a shirt before summer ends.