Thursday, February 21, 2008

dumping the baggage...


I started out by trying to fit something into the closet yesterday. An image of myself appeared in my head--cramming yet another thing into an already exploding, closet doors-off-the-track space. That's it! Six and a half bags later, it still looks the same when closed, but now I have no fear of things burying me when I open it. I don't consider myself a hoarder, but I am very aggressive about reusing things. It was nice to let go and give myself permission to donate it instead. I like the rule of thumb that if you haven't used or needed it in a year, then you won't miss it. Hasta pasta old pillowforms, third generation hand-me-down kid's clothes and miscellaneous ugly fabric.

I was having a grouchy morning until Claire called for a trip to the JoAnn supah-stah. A fun, quick trip that lifted my spirits. And put more crap back in my closets. Ah well, that's the circle of life around here. It's new, exciting crap.

I am still doing a mommy "badge of honor" giveaway. Send me your most humiliating/degrading/unbelievable mommy (or daddy!) moment and I'll put you in for a random drawing for some cute stuff to put in your life. Just picture this little zippy filled with fun..

No comments: