A few little purses have finally made it into the shop...dragging their handles behind them. It had been so long since I had listed on etsy that I was a little rusty. And the pictures aren't nearly as lovely as I had hoped. But they're in there, waiting for some little hands to carry them and fill them with shiny, tiny bits and baubles.
When I was in the shower this morning (I have such profound moments standing in the steam by myself), I was thinking about the things I have done as a mother I would have never expected (i.e. proof I have become on of "those" mothers I used to sneer at). The ever-growing list includes:
- rip open boxes of unpaid snacks in order to make it through the store
- drive around for hours when they fall asleep in the car so I can hear myself think
- let them play/slobber/chew on various essential belongings like my cell phone, keys, wallet
- nearly wreck the car trying to find the pacifier/toy/crayon/book that's fallen
- jump out of the shower to fix the t.v. channel
- allow for discussion of various topics while I am using the bathroom
- fix someone's toy while I am using the bathroom
- mediate disagreements while I am using the bathroom
It's not what you think. I don't really spend THAT much time using the bathroom. They just have radar for needing me right at that precise moment. My point is that I would do it all again--shamelessly.
What's the greatest length you have gone to as a mother or father? Leave a comment and I'll randomly pick someone for a little goodie bag next week.