Friday, February 1, 2008

tgif

I realize that I title all my Friday posts "tgif". Not creative. But when Friday finally comes, I really am thanking God (or some omnipotent spiritual being)--every single time. I know a lot of you must feel the same. Unless you're one of those unfortunate ones who has to work on the weekends (or never gets a break). Then maybe you're doing your happy dance on another day. I remember working retail (for more years than I would like to admit) and having to work long days on the weekend and having my time off be some random day during the week. It was surreal--like, hey, the world doesn't stop on MY day off?



I'm doing a happy dance because I got not one, but *two* wonderful little packages this week. First, thank you thank you to Mary Ann over at A Very Mary Design for last week's giveaway. I cannot remember the last time I won something. Such a beautiful handblown pendant with a great story, too. I like just holding it and rolling it around in my hand. Yes, I am strange. Don't ask me to show you my "worry stone" collection of smooth rocks that I have amassed. Because I will. And you will regret asking.



My mom sent me some Clover Pocket Templates--apparently they were on Martha a while back, but I never seem to catch her show. She's my designated I-saw-this-on-Martha-and-you-just-have-to-have-it person. It's nice having my own personal shopper. And these ribbon balls from JoAnns. Man, I am a complete sucker for packaging. They are the grown up version of those bouncy balls in vending machines you always begged your parents for. So worth throwing a fit over.

Today we have sunshine! Hoping it stays that way through the weekend. We're running a 10K on Sunday, which would be so sad and soggy in rain. Don't worry, I'm not one of those crazy skinny runner types. After I run, I'm eating Superbowl food until I explode. It's all about balance.

these chirpy sweeties
just joined our nest--Huckle and Finn
welcome, little birdies!

3 comments:

Glitter said...

damn, i want a personal shopper.

I AM VERY MARY said...

I will be your personal sender of stuff. Is that close enough?

guangming said...

wholesale nike shoesShop a great selection of authentic Nike shoes&Nike Air Max with reasonable price for the entire families at nike-shoes-max.com.nike shoes 100% quality guaranteed and smooth customer service.UGG Women's Classic Cardy Boots 5819 are available with colorful knit uppers (composed of a wool blend) and a sheepskin sock liner for extra comfort.ugg boots It is detailed with three oversized wood buttons, allowing it to be styled buttoned up, australia uggslouched down, slightly unbuttoned, or completely cuffed down. They have a light and flexible EVA outsole along with a suede heel guard provides durable wear all season long. That is why it is one of several styles that have been all time favorites with women.