Tuesday, July 24, 2007

me vs. myspace

I spent most of a valuable kids-glued-to-the-t.v. morning trying to set up a tasteful myspace page. Is there such a thing? If you want your background tiled in winking blinking pink hearts and want Justin Timberlake blaring on repeat, then it's a cinch. But asking for something demure and subtle is like asking for a chocolate croissant at a donut shop. No offense to myspace-- it has become so huge that you have to give it props. My crafting group communicates primarly on its message boards so I had to dive in. It makes me feel so OLD when tweens are out there programming html and I can't even get my header uploaded (it's still reading "Your Header Here"--which translates as "I don't know what I'm doing and have to wait for my husband to get home and fix it for me"). Making things nice, pretty and appealing is my obsession so to not get it the way I want is maddening. And the nerve of my kids to actually want to talk to me while I'm swearing at this silver box? That's when I know it's time to unplug. I'm off to make mudpies and look for tomato worms. In my pajamas.

4 comments:

Claire said...

I hate myspace, but as far as SCM is concerned it is a necessary evil. Good luck getting it all up and running!

speckledhen said...

A comment! Woo-hoo! Thanks, Claire. I was beginning to wonder, tap-tap, is this thing on??

Jenn Maruska said...

Stick to your guns! Don't compromise!

You deserve to have a Myspace that is just as subtle and pretty as your blog : )

Cheryl Ensom said...

I agree, Jenn! I love everything Lauren makes/designs (have you seen her cards???? TDF!!) and I'm sure her Myspace will be no exception! She could make a shack cute!! ;)